Thursday, July 30, 2009

Secret Bonus and a new project!

Lots of interesting news at the bookstore, but first things first:

The FINAL SECRET BONUS TASK is: tell me about your favorite book. What characters are in it? What is the plot? What do you love about it? Your explanation should be a full paragraph. Please include your first and last name, the title of the book, and the author.

Remember, August 14th at 5 p.m. is the last possible minute that you can hand in a reading record or a Secret Bonus Task for the Summer Reading Challenge. The Grand Prize Drawing will occur at 5:01 and we'll call the winner at 5:05!


You may have noticed that we have a new window display at the store. We are entering a Julie and Julia display contest! As if I needed a reason to do more cooking, I'm using the contest as an excuse to cook EVERY RECIPE in my favorite Ina Garten cookbook: Barefoot Contessa Family Style. Every time I try a new recipe, I'll write about it here. I'll also post pictures and short videos. I'll be starting next week, so prepare to be amazed!

1 comment:

Alyssa Kirk said...

This sounds like fun. I love to eat. Maybe when you finish you could invite blog followers to come and enjoy your final recipe as a big party!

Will you see the movie? Did you follow the blog when it way current? Did you know Julia Child was 6'2" and worked for the CIA. I want to see this movie!