Monday, July 13, 2009

What I've Been Reading


Forest Born
by Shannon Hale

Young Adult fantasy

Due September 15th, 2009


This is the fourth in the Books of Bayern series. The first three books focus on characters that have been present throughout the series, but Forest Born introduces a new character: Rinna, the sister of Razo. Rinna has gifts that she has tried to hide for years, but when Razo invites her to the city for a season, she decides to leave home and figure out what makes her different from others. I love this series. Shannon Hale is a genius when it comes to developing characters. Each one is complete and different, and we learn a little bit more about them in each book. My favorite character will always be Enna, but Rin is pretty cool too. : )



Suite Scarlett
by Maureen Johnson
Young Adult fiction
Available now in paperback

I love Maureen Johnson, and I think she really hit her stride with this book. It's got a great cast of characters who are funny, wise, and complex. Scarlett, the heroine, is the second-youngest of four children. Her family owns a historic hotel in New York which, at the moment, only has one person staying in it: Mrs. Amberson. When Scarlett becomes Mrs. Amberson's personal assistant, her summer goes from lame to...unique. My favorite character was Spencer, who had me laughing out loud every time he appeared. I can't wait for the sequel!

No comments: