Saturday, September 12, 2009

Spaghetti and meatballs and blueberry muffins

Last week I made Ina's Spaghetti and Meatballs. I've made meatballs a few times, and they tend to be pretty hit-or-miss; usually they're too dry and overcooked, or under-seasoned, or they fall apart when I'm cooking them. Not these ones. I don't eat pork so I made them with just beef, but they tasted great anyway. They were perfectly seasoned and the sauce tasted great. The sauce was a little watery, though--I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I would've liked it a little thicker. Here's a picture:


On Sunday I made Ina's Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins. I was wicked excited about these because I spend way too much money at Starbucks after school. I was hoping I could freeze the muffins and bring them instead of buying pumpkin bread. I had no illusions that they might be a good breakfast choice--these muffins are basically cupcakes without frosting. Being mostly butter, sugar, and flour, they are not the least bit healthy. They're delicious though!


No comments: