Saturday, December 18, 2010



Anna and the French Kiss
By Stephanie Perkins
Young Adult fiction
Available now in hardcover

My favorite kind of book is funny and a little sad with good character development and a nice romance. Anna and the French Kiss is exactly that.

It's about a girl, Anna, whose famous author father has decided to send her to boarding school in Paris for her senior year. She doesn't want to leave her best friend Bridgette or her almost-boyfriend Toph, but she doesn't have a choice. When she gets to Paris she meets a new group of friends--including Etienne St. Clair, who is gorgeous, amazing, and taken.

I think I can sum up my feelings about this book with the following bulleted list:
  • I read it in one day, and on that day I also worked an 11-hour shift
  • I can't stop thinking about it
  • It's awesome
  • I laughed out loud and read the following passage four times.

"In the history of terrible holidays, this ranks as the worst ever. Worse than the Fourth of July when Granddad showed up to see the fireworks in a kilt and insisted on singing 'Flower of Scotland' instead of 'America the Beautiful.' Worse than the Halloween when Trudy Sherman and I both went to school dressed as Glinda the Good Witch, and she told everyone her costume was better than mine, because you could see my purple 'Monday' panties through my dress AND YOU TOTALLY COULD."

No comments: