Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Review of Harriet the Spy

Harriet the Spy
by Louise Fitzhugh
Reviewed by Isabella Hershey

I recently read a book called Harriet the Spy. I thought that I would not like it and it turned out to be one of my favorite books I have ever read. The book is about an 11 year old girl who wants be an author when she is older. She spies on people around her neighborhood and at school and writes down everything she sees, whether it is mean or nice. (She does this so when she is older she can write about it.) But one day when she is playing tag she drops her books including her notebook. Her best friend Janie finds it and reads it to the class. Everyone is mad at her because of all the mean things she wrote about everyone, including her best friends Janie and Sport. They start to get so mean and before she knows it they start a Spy Catcher Club. Harriet cannot stand it. So one day at school she has a list of mean things to do to people. I will not give the ending but I will tell you that the ending is a happy ending.

No comments: