Saturday, August 20, 2011

Review of Born Wicked



Title: Born Wicked
Author: Jessica Spotswood
Genre: Young Adult Historical/Paranormal
Publisher: Putnam Books for Young Readers
Publication date: February 7th, 2012

It has taken me a long time to put my thoughts about this book into words. I'm not sure why. Probably because it wasn't what I was expecting.

BORN WICKED is about three sisters who are witches. They keep their powers secret, though, because the Brotherhood arrests anyone suspected of witchcraft. Cate is the oldest sister, and considers it her duty to protect her family from suspicion. When her father decides to hire a governess for the girls, concealing their powers becomes a lot more difficult.

I'm not a big fan of "witch books" and other paranormal fiction, but I liked this. I think part of the reason I liked it is that the setting has a real Victorian feel to it, which is something I DO love to read. The relationships between the sisters are very believable, too. I'm curious to see where the next book takes the Cahill witches.

1 comment:

Rebecca Herman said...

I am so insanely jealous that you got to read this! I am dying to read it.