Thursday, November 10, 2011


Title: Carter Finally Gets It
Author: Brent Crawford
Genre: Young Adult fiction
Publisher: Hyperion
Publication date: Available now in paperback

So. Freakin. Funny.

Never has a book made me almost-pee-my-pants as frequently as this one. Somehow Brent Crawford has taken the average high school boy's everyday life and made it laugh out loud funny. And I do mean laugh out loud. At one point I was cackling like a madwoman while sitting under the hair dryer at the salon.

Carter is your average freshman boy: ADD, a difficult older sister, awkward around girls, a group of friends with weird nicknames. He thinks that starting high school is a good time to become cool, if only his brain would stop forcing him to make bad decisions. And now, there are girls added into the equation.

At first I was trying to mark passages to illustrate the utter hilarity of this book, but soon I realized that I was marking almost every page. You'll just have to read it for yourself. It's right up there with KING DORK for Funniest Book About Teenage Boys.

No comments: