Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Reviews and a List

The Runaway Dolls
by Ann M. Martin, Laura Godwin, and Brian Selznick
Review by Isabelle Pryor

This is a good book. It's funny and very creative. Buy it. I finished it the day I got it.
Grade: A+


The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry
by Kathleen Flinn
Review by Jake-the-Girl

I noticed this book when it came out in hardcover, but it wasn't until the publisher sent me a review copy that I actually picked it up to read it. I loved it! Kathleen Flinn is a 36-year-old woman in middle management, working abroad in London. She is fired from her job soon after she falls in love with her friend of 3 years, and they decide to drop everything and live in Paris for a year so Kat can study French cuisine at the Cordon Bleu. Flinn's passion for food is evident in every sentence, and I loved her outsider's view of Paris, Parisians, and French chefs. A must-read for foodies, Francophiles, and anyone who liked Eat, Pray, Love.


And now...


The Best Five Books I (Jake) Read This Year

1. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo Children; Age 6 and up
2. The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry Children; Age 7 and up
3. City of Thieves by David Benioff Fiction for Adult-types
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Young Adult; Age 14 and up
5. The Billionaire's Vinegar by Benjamin Wallace Non-fiction for Adult-types

No comments: